Monday 27 January 2014

Make Up for Acne (Basic - No Contouring)

I honestly can't remember a time when I've had no spots or redness. It's a pain in the you-know-what if you fancy having a no makeup day. You can't. 

{The following pictures are not edited or retouched}



I've been using this makeup routine for a while now and I love every product so much! Especially my concealer. If it's ever discontinued I will cry. Literally. 

This is done by using 3 products only (not including primer) and I swear by every single one of them. 

The products I use are in the picture below:





This gives the perfect coverage for my skin. I have combination skin so it's fine for my dry areas of skin however is a tad too wet for my oiler patches of skin.

This does wonders to conceal my acne as it adds more coverage and also, because it's a baked powder, it evens out the oily areas that the Mac foundation has created to leave a perfect matte finish without looking cakey

This is without a doubt the best concealer I have ever came across. Like. Ever. It's extremely affordable and has maximum coverage. Purchase it - you won't be disappointed!

This is an oil-free primer and leaves your skin feeling fresh before you apply your makeup. The way it changes the texture of your skin is amazing, like a flat blank canvas. It truly keeps my makeup on all day and I rarely have to touch it up.


Method:

  1. I place a pea-sized amount of primer over my freshly washed face and rub it in everywhere including my lips and eyelids, it's so moisturising! Plus it also acts as an eyeshadow primer. 
  2. Next step - concealer. The simplistic lipstick shape of this concealer makes it extremely easy to apply. I just draw over my red spots and acne until I've covered everything I want, then with a flat foundation brush, blend blend blend!
  3. Next, I pump a small amount of Mac foundation onto the back of my hand (a little goes a long way with this foundation, 1 pump will cover your entire face and then some!) using a stippling brush I apply it all over my face then buff it into my skin. 
  4. Laura Geller time. To finish off the process, swirl a soft brush in circular motions in the baked powder and, again in circular motions, apply this all over the face - or just over the sections you feel need to be more matte. 

And you're done! 

I hope this was helpful to any acne-sufferers such as myself,

Love,



23 comments:

  1. I have never try mac foundations, looks really nice :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your skin looks great! Thanks for the helpful tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! You're very welcome :)

      xo

      Delete
  3. Hello lovely, just to let you know i've nominated you for a Liebster award. If you want to take part the link is: http://hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award-tag.html you don't have to if you don't want to. :) but if you do let me know!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks amazing :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's amazing! Your skin looks flawless - definitely need to get my hands on that concealer! xx

    Sarah | Squares - Bookworm and Beauty Enthusiast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you wont regret it! it's so affordable too :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love your blog :) That's why I nominated you for The Liebster Award! Check my blog post to see more millierosemake-up.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite post I've read since starting blogger... Finding ways to give girls with bad skin confidence is one thing I love when reading a blog post!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award... Check it out on my page! Leave a response and be sure to tell me as I'd love to read!! http://skinnygeorgia.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check the details out on my blog :) http://daniellebevan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/quadruple-liebster-award-nomination.html

    Danielle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, here's another nomination haha you're so popular! http://glitterandcookiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a high-end skincare giveaway on my blog, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog!
    I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check it out at frettyanggeni.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the follow beaut! Cannot believe that transformation, your skin looks flawless!

    xx

    fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your skin looks flawless, I wish I had known these tricks when I was a sufferer!

    Phoebe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that looks amazing! Totally not cakey but completely covered!
    Do you have dry patches, or just more dry skin?

    I really have flaky skin on my nose and all foundations seem to accentuate it even more.. They cling to the skin and disappear on the other parts of my nose :(

    ReplyDelete