Wednesday 26 February 2014

Beyoncé 'Drunk In Love' Makeup Look

After Beyoncé paying us a trip to Scotland, I felt that paying her a little tribute would be lovely. I had watched the Drunk in Love music video and fell in love with her messy yet elegant, simple yet striking, makeup look. Her look consists of a nude lip and very dramatic smokey eyes with a waved salt-sprayed look long bob. 

To achieve this look, I decided to try out my recently purchased Elf cosmetics. Including their contour/blush kit and amazing gel eyeliner.

{The following photos of Beyoncé are screencapped from her video and therefore do not belong to me}




For my eyes I used Elf gel eyeliner and my trusty They're Real! Benefit mascara. This look is supposed to look messy so the more smudged, the better. Applying generous amounts of the eyeliner to my upper and lower lash line, I smudged it out using a teeny tiny eyeliner brush. This liner can also be used on your waterline and will not sting or run into your eye like liquid eyeliner. 



Using my usual foundation routine, I then decided to try out this new powder by Elf. It comes with its own little powder puff which is very cute! I still need to get used to using loose powder as I always seem to get it everywhere! It left my face looking lovely and matte which I adore. The only downside is that the packaging is very big and chunky.




This eye palette is fabulous however does need some layering for this look we are going for. Using mainly blacks for my lid and outer-V, I smoked it out by using a dark brown for my crease and lower lash line. Finally, finishing off with a pale yellow and white for my brow bone and inner tear duct. 


Finishing off with a clear lipgloss, you're done!


Hope you enjoyed this look!

Ps. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I'll get back on track.

Love, 




4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely incredible! Love the make-up, your hair is stunning too. Did you get to see Beyonce live? I've seen loads of videos/photos on Instagram, uber jealous! x

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyoncé is so gorgeous! I love your eye makeup! X

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous eye look - also that Elf palette looks too good to be true!

    Keira | Little Law

    ReplyDelete