Wednesday 28 May 2014

Lana Del Rey Inspired Makeup Look

I've not posted on this for a while and I figured this would be a fabulous look to get my blog up and running again. 


To achieve this look, it involves making your crease stand out as much as you can and for you to wing your liner as long as you can bare it! 

The makeup I used to create this look is shown in the picture below:


Eyes:


For the lids, you want to pack as much white/champagne coloured shadow on your lids as you can, continuing up to your brow bone. This will help your lids stand out when you add shadow to your crease later. 

For the crease, I used these purple shades and blue from my BH Cosmetics palette mixed with browns from the BH Galaxy palette. 


Try and think of the colours you would use if you were trying to create a bruise. I know this is a horrible way of putting it, but it works! For every time you add a colour to your crease, you want to keep topping up your lid and brow bone with white, to ensure it stands out. 


In the following pictures, i used H for highlight/browbrone/tearduct and C for crease.



BH Galaxy Eye Palette:



BH Cosmetics Eye Palette:


Elf Eyeshadow Palette in 'Brights':



With this look, you want to avoid lining your waterline with anything other than a white/champagne colour as this keeps your eyes lovely and bright. Using Elf gel liner I lined my upper (remember to wing LARGE!) and lower lash line and with a small eyeshadow brush, smudged it slightly on the lower line. 




Finally, after applying Doll Me Up lashes by Velour Lashes and applying my favourite mascara - They're Real! By Benefit, I dotted a small amount of Melon pigment by Mac on a damp brush on my tear ducts. 

Eyebrows:


I usually use Michael Kors eyebrow pencil however I felt this look called for a little more precision. So, using a tiny damp angled brush, I used my MUA Eyebrow kit in the darkest shade on the top and bottom of my brows, leaving the inner part of my brows free, as I then used a light brown eye shadow to feather it out. I then applied some more white eyeshadow onto my brow bone. 

Face :


My current foundation routine can be found HERE

I used Elf contour kit and drew lines on my cheekbones, jawline, sides of my nose and temples and blended. I then went over my cheekbones and the rest of my face with Rimmel Sun Shimmer bronzer in Matte Medium which is amazing when applied with my favourite Laura Geller brush


Using Maybelline's Cover Stick concealer, I then went over the space between my eyebrows, forehead and under eye area to highlight. For highlighting the rest of my face, I used NARS highlighting powder on my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow.



This was the first time I tried Lord & Berry's luminizing stick and as you can see from the pictures is MEGA pigmented! So I only used a tiny little bit under my eyes.




The following photo is a swatch of Lord & Berry's Luminizer stick:



For blush, I used a mix between these two shades in my BH Cosmetics palette as I felt these are innocent "lana del rey" shades that complements the rest of the tones perfectly. 



Lips:


To line my lips, I used L'Oreal lipliner in 'Rosewood' but didn't fill my lips, instead I applied Pure Zen by Mac and finally, again with a damp brush, applied a small dot of Melon pigment by Mac on my Cupid's Bow. 





AND YOU'RE DONE!



I hope you all enjoyed my makeup look and please feel free to leave a comment!



With Love, 



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment