Tuesday 21 January 2014

Kim K Inspired Look

I decided to do an inspired look on the wonderful Kim Kardashian

Kim is the star of dramatic makeup and I thought I would pay a tribute for her signature style.

This look is dramatic and I would not recommend doing this makeup for your everyday 'popping-round-to-asda' look. 

{I do not own the following picture of Kim Kardashian}




For this look I paired a smokey eye with false lashes and a deep red, ombré lip by applying MAC lip liner, Rosato lipstick and using a black eye shadow from the 88 palette to blend the sides. Here is the majority of makeup I used for this look, excluding false lashes and liquid eyeliner.




Laura Geller Lipstick in 'Rosato' 
I love love love this lipstick. It's so creamy which is a great match with MAC lip liner as it it very dry. It leaves my lips feeling as if I've just put chap-stick on! The best thing I love about this is that it comes from her scented range and smells like red wine mmmm.... and it's anti-aging! What more could you want?!

BH Cosmetics 88 Palette
I really love this palette as it holds mostly brown colours which is what I love the most to work with, but the shadows aren't very pigmented and most of the colours come out looking really similar so it's hard to produce a smokey eye with vibrant colours (boo)

Laura Geller Highlighter in 'French Vanilla' 
Most powder highlighters never work for me as it just makes it look as if I've smeared yellow/white eye shadow on my cheeks but this works wonders for me! It not only highlights the areas i want, it also leaves the skin with a dewy look as if you had used a liquid. 

They're Real by Benefit
Wow. Where do I start with this beauty?! This is by far the greatest mascara I've ever came across. I've lost count of the amount of times people have complimented me on the length of my eyelashes when I'm wearing this. They're Real, I swear!

MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW22
This foundation has worked wonders for me as I need really heavy coverage because my skin is awful. Most people think it's too cakey on their skin but when I pair it with Laura Geller baked powder, it goes on and stays on.

Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder
I bought this bronzer a while ago and I've just recently discovered it again. I like it because it has zero shimmer in it which I love for a matte finish and for contouring. Plus - it smells like chocolate! Yum!

MUA Brow Kit
This is my go-to everyday brow shaper kit. Using an angled brush, the dark brown in this set is a perfect match for me and my hair colour, It's bulletproof.

Barry M Kohl  Eye Pencil in 'Black'
God knows how long I've had this. It really has served me well! It's so easy to apply, smudge, blend, whatever you like! It lasts the full night and you'll look fierce as it really extenuates my eyes.


I hope you all love my Kim K look just as much as I do! 

Love, 



28 comments:

  1. How amazing does the Bourjois bronzer smell?! P.S. Is the Benefit mascara worth all the hype? I'm nevvvver impressed with any mascara I try!
    Rachel @ rachelsaysfabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!! & yes yes yes do it, I was in Fraser's and first tried it at the Benefit counter when the girl put it on for me and a woman passerby actually stopped and asked if I had false lashes on while I was sitting in the chair! Plus when you layer it, it doesn't separate and clump your lashes, it just makes them thicker and loooonger xxx

      Delete
  2. Agreed, I love my benefit mascara!
    I really like the ombre lips, too

    Amy xo
    amybyram.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :)
    This look is really great and looks so much like Kim and you are stunning btw!

    Rachel xxx
    http://rachiirawr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it :) xx

      Delete
    2. I have Tagged you in a post btw :)
      https://rachiirawr.blogspot.com/

      Rachel
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning makeup! You're so beautiful! Also my lovely, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please check out my blog post here and it tells you how it works <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :) i'll go check it out xo

      Delete
  5. This look is amazing!! And I am so tempted by the palette as I love neutral and brown toned eyeshadows!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should! it's good for the price :) I would recommed Urban Decay palettes if you don't mind spending that little extra money

      xo

      Delete
  6. This look is GORGEOUS!! I need that lip color!! Stunning!

    beyourownkindofpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should buy it, definitely! it's worth it, plus the scent it phenomenal!

      xo

      Delete
  7. Hi, you have such amazing blog and I like your post, I hope we can follow each other, if you follow me please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you

    xoxo
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely amazing btw, like omg you're so good at make up! you should definitely do more celebrity looks! xxx

    http://clothing-conscious.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I'm really looking forward to doing more celeb looks :)

      xo

      Delete
  9. Love that look! And I like the smell of this Bourjois bronzer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vanessa, great to see another Scottish beauty blogger newbie! I'm loving your blog and I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, feel free to check my blog for details. I am looking forward to reading more from you as your make up is flawless in this post! caraandcosmetics.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check out your blog :)

      xo

      Delete
  11. You look amazing :)

    -Stephy|DearStephiiie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely beautiful! I'd definitely wear this look to Asda too haha, why not?! I'm surprised by the amount of people that love They're Real though, I really don't get on with it! Lovely blog by the way hun, I'm really looking forward to seeing more posts from you in the future! xx

    Sarah | Squares - Bookworm and Beauty Enthusiast

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so disappointed in the BH palette :( I got happy that you would say it's amazingly pigmented but you said the opposite! Dang it.

    Great blog

    Follow each other maybe? :) Let me know so I can follow back ^__^

    www.oykumoda.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm subscribed to you and I didn't see this post?! you look flawless and you've pulled it off so well. I find Kim K tutorials are normally the ones that aren't dead on. But you've definitely done it. You deserve so many more followers x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look! I love this blog! I wish I was a dab hand with eye makeup!

    http://annieallsorts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do like this post!

    need to invest in that MUA brow kit.

    I love a good brow fectionnnnn!


    www.nataliecairnsblog.blogspot.com


    xxx

    ReplyDelete